Christmas Gifts & Decor
Hospitality Gifts & Decor
Best Selling Gifts
Gifts for Her Sale
Christmas Cards, Gifts & Decor Sale
Stocking Stuffer BOGO
Scripture-Filled Christmas Cards
Shepherd on the Search
Because of Bethlehem Collection
See What's New
by Melody @ DaySpring February 16, 2016
We hope you are loving the beautiful, fun and inspirational new Bible journaling goodies from our friends at Illustrated Faith! It’s such a great way to connect with scripture in a creative and deeply personal way.
It’s also a tremendous opportunity to connect with friends to #LiveYourFaith! Some of our best Bible journaling time has been spent gathering a small (or sometimes large…) group of friends together, putting supplies in the middle of the table, throwing the rules out the window and just encouraging each other as we illustrate our faith together.
Don't know much about Illustrated Faith? Watch this short video from Founder Shanna Noel! When you're finished, keep reading to find out how to host your own girls' night!
Want to host an Illustrated Faith Girls' Night with your besties? Here are some quick and easy steps to do just that:
When: Pick an hour or two at a convenient time (even a lunch hour works great!).
Where: Your house, the church, a picnic table, or a table at the coffee shop are all fine! You just need to have room for each of you to sit together and enjoy each other’s company.
Supplies: Ask newbies to pick up a journaling Bible, or a journal works fine too! Add your favorite Illustrated Faith supplies. (Right now use code IFSHIPSFREE for free shipping on your Illustrated Faith items!)
Need the perfect starter kit? Try our Genesis kit with over $100 worth of supplies for $75, or if you have a few things already, think about trying our newest Illustrated Faith monthly devotional kit - I Am Strong- perfect for groups new to Bible journaling.
Food, coffee, drinks? Yes, please. But don’t feel like you need to do it all yourself! Consider asking each participant to bring a small snack or beverage to share.
For some quick, fun, and easy instructions, download Shanna’s 7 Steps to Illustrating Your Faith here.
At your Girls’ Night:
1. Thank everyone for coming! Say “woohoo” for a great girls’ night out! Remind everyone they do not have to be an artist to do this. Just let God lead, and know they can’t make “mistakes” with this!
2. Begin with prayer. Ask God to lead the group, to remove any “I-can’t-do-this” feelings, and to help everyone connect in the Word!
3. Spend time with God. Consider listening to a worship song, read a devotional or maybe check out “7 Bible Verses Perfect for Journaling” on DaySpring.com for scriptures to get you started.
4. Be fearless and have fun! Take those big ideas to the margins of your Bibles and journals. Do it fearlessly, and forget the rules! (Say it with me: “There are no mistakes here!”)
5. Encourage everyone! Take the last few minutes and ask everyone who wants to do so to share a little about what they did in their Bible. What did they take away from the scripture? What did they think of doing this together? We think you’ll find that everyone is surprised at how well they’re able to connect with the scripture or lesson as they do this for the first time.
6. Pick the next date. Before everyone heads home, why not pick another time to get the group together? It’s a great way to have some fun, laugh and cry and share together, encouraging each other as you get into the Word and get creative!
Finally, we hope you’ll share some of your pages with us! Post your pages on Facebook or Instagram and hashtag #IllustratedFaith, #DaySpring and #GirlsNight, and we might just share your personal masterpieces in DaySpring social media! Have fun illustrating your faith!
Your first email is on the way.
Enter Your Email to Receive: